Crispy Walnut Cod With Walnut Tzatziki
- Food processor
- 8 oz plain, non-fat, greek yogurt
- 18 tbsp walnut 1 cup whole + 2 tbsp chopped
- ¼ medium cucumber diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed with zest
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp Kosher salt Morton's coarse
- 1 lb cod
- ¼ cup parsley roughly chopped
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine the yogurt, 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, cucumber, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 clove minced garlic, ½ tsp salt in a small bowl. Stir to blend and set aside.
- Using a clean towel, gently press to remove water and pat fish dry. This is especially important if you're using thawed fish. Drizzle fillets lightly with 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil, set aside.
- Pulse the walnuts (1 cup), lemon zest, parsley, garlic, salt (¼ tsp), pepper and remaining olive oil (3 tbsp) in a food processor until you have a consistency of coarse cornmeal.
- Bake fish for 10 (thin fillets) to 15 (thick fillets) minutes.