Arroz con Pollo
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 cup long-grain, brown rice
- ½ tsp cumin ground
- ¼ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 4 oz tomato sauce no salt added
- 1 serving sofrito ½ cup home made (see recipe)
- 2 tbsp thyme fresh
- Heat oil in a pot and brown the chicken on each side for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add to the pot the sofrito, cumin, olives and tomato sauce and cook for 4 minutes at low heat.
- Stir in the rice and chicken.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes, covered.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.