Asian Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp ginger root
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shoyu, lite
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs medium
- 2 green onions medium, spring, scallions
- Bring soup stock, grated ginger and soy sauce to a boil.
- In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring the stock, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Pour in the eggs slowly while stirring the soup in the same direction.
- The egg will spread and feather.
- Turn off the heat and add the green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.