Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- ½ oz plain, greek yogurt, nonfat
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger root
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tandoori seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp cumin ground
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup red tomato ripe
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- Combine the chicken, yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, tandoori seasoning, cumin and lemon juice.
- Mix to combine.
- Marinate in refrigerator few hours to overnight.
- Heat oil in medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until the meat is white and almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and mix.
- Add pepper, water and cashew butter.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir sauce until it thickens.