Hoisin Explosion Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp egg whites
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 ½ tsp shaoxing rice wine
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp ginger soy sauce less sodium
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 sweet green pepper medium
- 8 oz bamboo shoots
- Combine the chicken egg white, cornstarch, 1 ½ tsp rice wine, ¼ tsp of the salt, 1 ½ tsp cold water and stir.
- Put the chicken uncovered in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and 1 tbsp rice wine.
- In a saucepan bring 1 quart water to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and reduce the heat to low.
- When water is barely simmering add the chicken, stirring to prevent clumping.
- Cook 1 minute until opaque but not cooked through. Drain chicken in a colander.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat.
- Swirl in 1 tbsp oil, add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and stir-fry 10 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the bell peppers, sprinkle on the ¼ tsp of salt and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and bamboo shoots.
- Swirl the hoisin mixture in and stir-fry 1-2 minutes until chicken is cooked.