Frittata With Pesto, Chard & Prosciutto
- 4 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cups swiss chard
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tbsp pesto
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup potato boiled
- 1 oz prosciutto
- ½ tbsp pecorino romano graded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a small, 6-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to the skillet, then add the Swiss chard and toss until the chard is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Remove chard from skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pesto, and pepper.
- Line the empty skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, being sure to coat the bottom and sides.
- Add the potatoes, the wilted chard, and the prosciutto pieces.
- Pour the egg mixture on top, then sprinkle the top with the Pecorino Romano.
- Cook on the stove over medium-low for about 8-10 minutes, until the edges begin to firm.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to finish cooking, about 20 minutes more, until the eggs are set and golden brown at the edges.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.