- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 large onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 medium-stalked celery
- 1 large carrot
- ⅓ lb green beans
- 1 tsp oregano dried, ground
- 1 tsp basil dried, ground
- 1 serving salt & pepper 1.2g
- 14 oz tomato crushed
- 28 oz tomato diced
- 6 cup chicken broth low salt
- 15 oz kidney beans no salt added
- 4 oz ancient grain elbow pasta
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the celery and carrot and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green beans, dried oregano and basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; cook 3 more minutes.
- Add the diced and crushed tomatoes and the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and pasta and cook until the pasta and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and top with the Parmesan and chopped basil.