- 3 large chicken eggs
- 3 egg whites large
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 2 tsp tarragon dried
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion medium
- 1 zucchini medium
- 1 red pepper medium
- Combine the eggs, egg whites, cheese, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and whisk to blend.
- Set aside while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, add in the diced vegetables and cook, stirring for 5-7 minutes, or until just tender, with golden brown edges.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the broiler.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- When the pan is hot, pour in the egg mixture and cook for about a minute, then gently spoon the vegetables over the eggs (do not mix them in).
- Continue cooking until the edges have set.
- Lift the frittata gently to see that the bottom has browned, about 5 minutes.
- Put the skillet under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until the top is set and lightly browned.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Let the frittata cool for a few minutes.
- Then slide it onto a serving plate, cut into wedges, and serve.