Bulgur Salad With Green Onion Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup bulgur dry
- ½ red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup parsley
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 9 green onions spring, medium
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp buckwheat honey
- 8 grams serrano pepper
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt coarse
- Place bulgur in a large bowl, pour 3 cups boiling water over, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well, squeezing out as much water as possible, if needed.
- Return the cooked bulgur to the bowl and mix in the onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and 4 sliced green onions.
- Place the lime juice, honey, serrano, and ½ cup chopped green onion in a blender and blend until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified.
- If the mixture appears too thick, blend in a few tablespoons of cold water, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the salad to a platter and drizzle with the green onion vinaigrette.