- 1 ½ cups cornmeal medium grind
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp evaporated cane juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg large, chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- Mix together the cornmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the milk, egg and oil and blend until smooth, careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes for the standard size and 12 minutes for the mini muffins.
- When done, tops of the muffins should spring back when tapped.