Kasha And Beet Salad With Celery And Feta
- 1 cup buckwheat groats roasted, dry
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups beets peeled, cooked, diced
- 4 celery medium-stalk
- 6 green onion scallion
- ½ cup parsley
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp kosher salt coarse
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring stock and garlic to a boil.
- Gradually add kasha, stirring constantly to prevent clumping.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and kasha is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Fluff up with a fork and transfer to a serving bowl and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring until salt dissolves.
- Gradually whisk in olive oil until blended.
- Add to kasha and toss well.
- Add beets, celery and green onions to kasha and toss again.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, garnish with parsley and sprinkle feta over top.