Baked Salmon Bowl With Quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp sumac
- ½ tsp oregano dried & ground
- ½ tsp kosher salt Morton coarse
- ½ tbsp black pepper ground
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 lb salmon wild caught
- 1 medium red pepper large chunks
- 1 medium zucchini large chunks
- 1 ½ cups quinoa grain
- 6 oz plain yogurt non-fat Greek
- 2 cucumbers one diced/one chopped
- 1 tbsp dried dill weed
- ½ cup cherry tomato quartered
- 8 Kalamata olives halved
- 4 oz feta cheese cubed or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix olive oil, sumac, cayenne pepper, oregano, sale, pepper, half of the garlic and the juice and zest from half a lemon (save the other for later).
- Place the salmon in a bowl and let it marinate on the counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet and mist with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place marinated salmon, bell pepper and zucchini on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the marinade over the salmon.
- Place in oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is thoroughly cooked.
- While the salmon and veggies are baking, cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Make a tzatziki sauce by combining the yogurt, remaining garlic, half of the cucumber, remaining lemon half (juice and zest) and dried dill weed in a bowl. Mix well.
- Distribute the cooked quinoa among 4 bowls and top it with roasted salmon and veggies. Add remaining cucumber, tomatoes, olives and feta. Serve with a generous dollop of tzatziki sauce.