- 100 medium mussels approx. 4lbs in-shell
- 5 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 whole tomato peeled and seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp bay leaf 1 whole leaf
- 1 tbsp brandy
- ½ tsp paprika
- Heat olive oil in pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add tomatoes and bay leaf. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brandy and paprika.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat and add mussels.
- Cover pan and cook about 5 minutes, occasionally shaking the pan, until mussels open.
- Transfer mussels to a dish and pour sauce over.