Whole Wheat Tabbouleh
- 1 cup whole wheat bulgur
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp kosher salt coarse
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup tomato
- ½ cup green onion
- Place bulgur in a large bowl.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the bulgur and let it soften for 30 minutes.
- The bulgur will absorb most of the liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the bulgur in a strainer and remove any excess water from it by squeezing small handfuls in your palm before adding to the dressing.
- Add parsley, tomatoes, and green onion, and toss well to coat evenly.