Baked Chicken With Apples And Barley
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup sweet red pepper
- ½ cup sweet green pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium apple tart, granny smith
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup barley hulled
- 2 ½ cup chicken broth low salt
- 2 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 clove garlic
- Saute onion, bell peppers and garlic in large skillet, about 5 minutes.
- Add apple and curry and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in barley and chicken broth, bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Pour barley into a baking dish.
- Place chicken over the barley.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and brush some of the juice over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.