- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup chicken broth low salt
- 7 tsp shaoxing rice wine
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce reduced sodium
- 2 tbsp ginger root
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ½ cup sugar snap peas
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup cashews oil roasted, no added salt
- Combine the chicken, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of the rice wine, and a pinch of the salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Combine the broth, the remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice wine, and ½ teaspoon cornstarch.
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Swirl in 1 tablespoon of the oil, add the ginger, and stir-fry 10 seconds or until the ginger is fragrant.
- Push the ginger to the sides of the wok and add the chicken.
- Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting the chicken begin to sear.
- Stir-fry 1 minute, or until the chicken is lightly browned but not cooked through.
- Swirl the remaining 1 tablespoon oil into the wok, add the sugar snaps, carrots, celery, and cashews.
- Stir-fry 1 minute or until the sugar snaps are bright green.
- Re-stir the broth mixture, swirl it into the wok, and stir-fry 1 minute or until the chicken is just cooked through.
Amount Per Serving (200 g)
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3.5g22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.