- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- ½ onion large
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cup chicken broth low salt
- ½ tsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 2 cup raw spinach
- 30 oz great northern bean no added salt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute carrots, onions, and garlic for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, Italian seasoning, pepper and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Using a blender wand, puree some of the soup. If you’re using a regular blender, take out about two cups, puree, and return to pot.
- It’s up to you how much to puree: Do you like your soup thick or thin?
- Turn off the heat.
- Add spinach and stir until spinach wilts in the hot soup.