Butternut Squash Soup With Apple
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium apple
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 24 oz butternut squash
- 1 lemon
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp thyme dried, ground
- ¼ cup parsley
- Chop onion.
- Peel and chop apple.
- Any size pieces is okay, as you’ll be blending them later.
- Heat oil in large saucepan; sauté onion and apple 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, grate rind of the lemon then juice the lemon.
- Add squash, three cups broth, lemon rind and juice, and thyme to the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then simmer gently 20 minutes.
- Purée soup using a blender wand (immersion blender) or pour into blender and purée.
- Add more broth if you like a thinner soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve with chopped parsley as garnish.