Indian-style Chicken Curry
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 2 plum-tomatos
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high and brown chicken on both sides, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Add onions and a pinch of salt to the pot.
- Cook until onions are softened, 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, garlic, jalapeno, ginger, tomato paste, and garam masala.
- Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Gradually stir in water, scraping up any brown bits.
- Cover and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add breast and continue to simmer, covered, until breasts reach 160 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping the chicken after about 10 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, peas, coconut milk into pot and simmer until peas are heated. 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.