Stir-Fried Curried Beef
- 12 oz beef flank steak
- 2 tbsp green onion spring or scallion
- ⅓ cup chicken broth low salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 ¼ tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp shaoxing rice wine
- 2 ½ tsp soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tomato
- ¾ cup green peas
- Cut the beef with the grain into 2-inch-wide strips.
- Cut each strip across the grain into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Combine the beef, ginger, 1 ½ tsp soy sauce, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of the rice wine, and pepper and stir.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Combine the broth, 1 tsp soy sauce, and the remaining 1 tablespoon rice wine.
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the red onions and garlic, then stir-fry 30 seconds or until the onion is wilted.
- Push the onion mixture to the sides of the wok, carefully add the beef, and spread it evenly in one layer in the wok.
- Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting the beef begin to sear.
- Sprinkle on the curry powder, then stir-fry 30 seconds, or until the beef is lightly browned but not cooked through.
- Add the tomato and peas and stir-fry 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Add the broth mixture into the wok and stir-fry 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the beef is just cooked through.