Tuscan Vegetable Soup
- 15 oz cannellini bean
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium-stalk celery
- 1 small zucchini with skin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme fresh
- ½ tsp sage ground
- ½ tsp kosher salt coarse
- 32 oz chicken broth low salt
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes in tomato juice no salt added
- 2 cups spinach
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- In a small bowl mash half of the beans with a masher or the back of a spoon, and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and cook stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and tomatoes with the juice and bring to a boil.
- Add the mashed and whole beans and the spinach leaves and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve topped with Parmesan, if desired.