Fiesta Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa grain
- 2 cups vegetable broth nonfat
- 2 sweet corn small ear
- 1 cup sweet red pepper
- 15 oz black bean low sodium
- 3 green onion spring, scallion
- ½ cup cilantro
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- ½ tsp kosher salt coarse
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper ground
- Put quinoa and broth in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, corn, pepper, beans, scallions and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil and seasonings.
- Pour over quinoa mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to let flavors set.