Halloumi Stuffed Peppers, Bulgur, Chickpeas, and Olives
- 4 oz halloumi cheese
- 1 cup bulgur dry
- 1 can chickpea garbanzo
- 20 kalamata olives pitted, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ tsp kosher salt coarse
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp cumin ground
- 1 sweet green pepper medium, raw
- 2 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper medium
- 1 cup mint
- 5 oz nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt coarse
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Set oven to 400°F.
- While the oven preheats, cook the bulgur according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked bulgur with the chickpeas, olives, spinach, halloumi, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- To prepare the peppers for stuffing, slice off the stemmed top, then use a paring knife to remove the ribs and seeds from the interior.
- Stuff the peppers with the bulgur mixture,
- Set peppers in a baking dish lined with about an inch of water and bake for 1 hour.
- While the peppers are cooking, add all sauce ingredients (mint, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper) to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Top cooked peppers with a generous dollop of sauce before serving.