Pan-Seared Tuna With Avocado, Soy, Ginger & Lime
- 1 cup coriander or cilantro or chinese parsley
- 2 peppers jalapeno sliced
- 4 tsp ginger root fresh, grated
- 8 tbsp lime juice from 4 limes
- ½ cup soy sauce lite, low-sodium
- ⅛ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp coarse kosher salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 12 oz bluefin tuna 2 blocks sushi-quality
- 2 fruit avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Season the tuna pieces generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute to form a slight crust. Flip and sear the other side 1 minute.
- Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
- Transfer the seared tuna to plates and serve with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.