Steamed Fish With Fresh Cilantro Sauce
- 24 oz haddock (or sole/flounder) skin removed
- 2 tbsp rice cooking wine or sake
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger root minced
- 4 ½ tbsp soy sauce reduced sodium, divided ( 3 tbsp/1½ tbsp)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 6 tbsp chicken broth low salt, canned
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- Rinse the fish fillets lightly under cold water and drain thoroughly in a colander.
- Place fillets in a bowl.
- Mix rice wine, ginger, 1 ½ tsp soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour over fillets in bowl and toss lightly to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the fillets marinade in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the fillets on a heatproof plate and place in a steamer tray. Steam until the fish flakes when prodded with a knife (about 6-7 minutes for flounder or sole, 10-12 minutes for pickerel or lake trout).
- While the fish is steaming, add all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Stir and turn off the heat.
- Pour the heated sauce over the steamed fillets and serve immediately with steamed brown rice and a vegetable.