Stir-fry Taiwanese-style Scallops and Shrimp
- Wok or skillet
- 8 oz scallop
- 8 oz shrimp
- 2 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp chili bean sauce
- 4 oz chives
- Cut the scallops in half.
- Combine the scallops, shrimp, 1 tbsp rice wine, ginger, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add 1 tbsp oil, 1 of the garlic cloves and stir-fry until fragrant (10 seconds).
- Push the garlic to the side and add the scallop and shrimp mixture. Allow to cook 1 minute without stirring.
- Stir-fry 30 seconds until scallops are opaque and shrimp just turned orange, but not completely cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the other tbsp of oil and remaining 2 garlic cloves and cook until fragrant.
- Return the seafood, add the bean sauce, and stir-fry another minute.
- Add chives and 1 tbsp rice wine. Stir-fry until shrimp and scallops are cooked.