Tirado de Mahi Mahi
- 1 cup grapefruit juice ruby red
- 5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt kosher coarse
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 1 yellow onion organic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 ½ lb dolphin fish (mahi mahi)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 ½ tsp cumin ground
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 mango
- Whisk together the juice, ¼ cup vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the onions and jalapeno, toss to coat and let sit at room temperature while you grill the fish.
- Heat a grill (gas or charcoal) to medium-high heat.
- Brush the fish on one side with canola oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, the paprika and 2 teaspoons cumin.
- Flip, brush the second side with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spice-rubbed side down on the grill, cover and cook until the first side is crusty and golden-brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Flip and cook uncovered another 5 or so minutes, until just barely cooked through.
- Place the fish on a platter and top with the onion mixture. Let the fish sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- While the fish cures, make the avocado and mango topping.
AVOCADO & MANGO TOPPING
- Put the avocado and mango in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the remaining 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, the cilantro, and salt and pepper and toss gently to combine.
- Scrape most of the onion mixture off the fish, spoon the mango mixture across the top, garnish with whole cilantro leaves and serve.