Tuna With Olives
- 9 oz yellowfin tuna 2 tuna steaks (avoid bluefin tuna)
- 5 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp thyme 4 fresh sprigs
- 1 tsp bay leaf 1 leaf
- 2 tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup pimiento olives sliced
- Start this dish the night before.
- Remove skin from the steaks and cut in half along the grain of the fish.
- Cut each half into 1/2" thick slices against the grain.
- Combine 3 tbsp of oil and the vinegar in a nonmetallic dish.
- Add the thyme leaves along with bay leaf.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tuna, cover, and let marinate overnight.
THE NEXT DAY
- Remove fish from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Add flour to a bag and then add the fish and toss to coat.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp of oil to a pan and heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened and golden brown.
- Add the tuna strips and cook 2-5 minutes.
- Add the reserved marinade and olives to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Keep stirring until fish is tender.