Breakfast Quinoa With Figs & Honey
- 1 cup quinoa grain
- 2 cups water bottled
- ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp cloves ground
- 1 cup fig dried
- 1 cup walnut english, dried
- 1 cup almond milk original
- 1 tsp honey
- Rinse quinoa under cool water to remove coating.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the quinoa, water, cinnamon, and cloves and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cover, allowing quinoa to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, and the grain is tender.
- Remove the spices.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in the dried figs, nuts, milk, and honey to taste.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld, and the fruit to soften.
|You may use red quinoa but the cooking time may be about 5 minutes longer. This recipe makes great leftovers: just gently reheat the next day to enjoy.|