Stir-Fried Eggs With Shrimp
- 4 oz shrimp
- 2 large chicken eggs
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 2 ½ tsp shaoxing rice wine
- 7 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ⅛ tsp white pepper ground
- ⅓ cup scallions
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- ⅓ cup green pea
- Combine the shrimp, 1 teaspoon egg white, cornstarch, and ½ teaspoon of the rice wine.
- Stir until the cornstarch has dissolved.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Put the shrimp uncovered in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bring the shrimp to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, pepper, and the remaining 2 teaspoons rice wine.
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, add the scallions and ginger, stir-fry 10 seconds or until the aromatics are fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry 1 minute or until the shrimp begins to turn color but is not cooked through.
- Add the peas, swirl the egg mixture into the wok, and stir-fry 1 minute or until the shrimp is cooked through and the eggs are just set but still moist.