Southwest Tofu Scramble
- 14 fl oz silken, light firm tofu
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- ½ cup food yeast vegetarian, large flake
- 2 tsp soy sauce shoyu, tamari, lower sodium
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 zucchini small, with skin
- 1 red bell pepper medium
- 1 onion small
- Crumble the tofu into a medium bowl, add the cumin, yeast, and tamari, and stir with a fork to mix.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, add the zucchini, pepper, and shallot, and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften and give off moisture.
- Add the tofu and continue cooking for about 10 minutes longer, turning the tofu with a spatula and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan several times, until everything is piping hot.
- Serve immediately.