Mediterranean Breakfast Salad
- 2 eggs large
- 5 cups arugula
- 1 cup tomato red, ripe, cherry
- ½ cup hothouse cucumber
- ½ cup quinoa cooked
- ½ avocado
- 2 oz almonds
- ¼ cup mixed herbs mint & dill
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 fl oz lemon juice
- Start by cooking the eggs. For soft-boiled, bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Gently lower eggs into water and let simmer for 6 minutes.
- Remove from water and run cold water over top to stop the cooking.
- Set aside and peel when ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, and quinoa.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over top, season with salt and pepper, then toss together.
- Divide salad among 2 plates.
- Top with sliced avocado and halved egg (2 halves, 1 whole), then sprinkle herbs and almonds over top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a final drizzle of olive oil. Eat!