- ¾ cup chickpeas
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cook the dry chickpeas or use canned.
- Cheaper and tastes better to make your own.
- Add beans to large bowl and cover with several inches of water. The beans triple in size.
- Let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- To cook the soaked beans, add to large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer to desired tenderness, 1 ½ to 2 hours. Make the beans soft for hummus. Firmer if for a salad or stew.
- For smoother hummus, remove the skin from the chickpeas.
- Combine chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in food processor.
- Blend until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust as needed.