Greek Salad With Chickpeas & Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅓ red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ½ lb tomato
- ¾ cup cucumber
- 8 kalamata olives whole
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cups chickpeas
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp mint fresh
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, onions, and garlic together.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges.
- If you are using grape or cherry tomatoes, slice them in half.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, chickpeas and chopped herbs to a large bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette on top and toss the salad to combine the ingredients together.
- Taste and season with salt or pepper, if necessary.